Monday, July 10, 2006

People talked


people talked
The UKLA International Conference was wonderful, as usual. I’ve already mentioned Victoria – but the Digital SIG was kicking and Jackie’s presidential address was fabulous, too! I heard good reports about Clare’s paper (which unfortunately clashed with mine) and was really impressed with Naomi Hamer on the final day. The conference concluded with Ron Carter – steady, thoughtful, and as thought-provoking as ever. And, as for me – my review of Jim Gee’s book “Situated Language and Learning” is published here, in English in Education. I am also very pleased to be invited to this exciting SSHRC event in Newfoundland in October….shipping news!!

3 comments:

Joolz said...

I nearly took a phgoto of people on those sofas as they looked so funny. But I did not dare.
Your blog is very newsy lately. You are so good at keeping uptodate and I am trying to copy.

Joolz said...

also that sshrc event looks very exclusive and important.

Guy Merchant said...

mmm yes, feels like a real privilege to be asked..