Friday, October 06, 2006

Moon festival


Cyclamen
Today was Chinese Moon Festival, which you can find out about here. I dutifully ate my moon cake, and looked up the story behind the festival. I also looked up Henry Giroux, who I haven’t read for a while and decided to use this, which is so clear, in my paper:

“Central to the notion of critical pedagogy is the need to rewrite the dynamics of cultural and pedagogical production as part of a broader vision that extends the principles and practices of human dignity, liberty and social justice.” (1994:63)

2 comments:

Kate said...

I ate mooncakes too, thanks to my nice student, Alice, however, they were a bit eggy and rich but I like the idea.

Guy Merchant said...

I thought they were a bit fishy, which was cause for concern....but I also think we were both very glocalised.