Saturday, March 08, 2008

Views


thirst
It was interesting introducing blogs and wikis to a new group of masters students today. I think Richard and I are getting better at it as it becomes a part of our pedagogy. In the morning people were blogging their reflections in a very natural way. There are clearly a range of views about the value of thinking-through-writing, but I'm really keen on it! At one point the room went very quiet as people started making comments on each other's blogs. I found myself replying to one with a link to this Marshall McLuhan site. The afternoon had a different flavour, with an introduction to wiki building. I was interested in the way the peer-to-peer technical support was mixed in with the content stuff. So often we teach skills and then expect learners to apply them. This seems a much better model, in which one kind of learning is folded in with another.

No comments: