Sunday, February 20, 2011

Coming soon!



I always think a good breakfast sets me up for a day of writing, and having just signed a couple of contracts I'll be needing all the help I can get. Last year's ESRC seminar series is coming to fruition with an edited book for Routledge called 'Virtual Literacies' and I'm involved in a couple of joint ventures producing handbook chapters one on digital texts in the classroom and the other on early digital literacy. Apart from that we have some exciting collaborations between the two Sheffield universities which may well result in some publication. Some colleagues have also been successful in setting up a BAAL seminar series on language and deficit; I'll be doing a keynote at that with the snazzy title 'The Trashmaster: Popular Culture, Bad Language and Writing Online.' So although the policy context is looking rather grim there seems to be plenty to be getting on with. I'll need a good breakfast, but maybe I'll skip the Krave.

No comments: